Container Logistics Chain Study - 2009
A study to understand the origins and destinations of containers transported through the Port of Melbourne and Dynon rail terminals was undertaken in 2009.
Port of Melbourne Corporation (PoMC) carried out the study with the support of the Department of Transport and Essential Services Commission.
The findings relate to:
- container origins and destinations
- road and rail transport modes and distances
- use of transport depots
- time of day for key transport operations
- dwell times at major logistics chain points
- containerised import and export commodities.
The results are contained in three documents - a full report and a summary for
each of the two supply chains studied.
CD or hardcopy of reports
For a CD or a hardcopy of the three documents, please contact: 2009CLCS@portofmelbourne.com
For more information, please contact PoMC at: