Port facilities overview
Primarily a container port, Melbourne has wide ranging facilities:
- 30 commercial berths
- 21 kilometres of waterfront
- Over 500 hectares of land
It is home to Australia’s largest:
- international container terminal at Swanson Dock
- automotive trade terminal at Webb Dock, with up to one thousand new motor vehicles handled each day.
Multipurpose terminals handle:
- a variety of non-containerised pack types including farm equipment and machinery
- breakbulk commodities such as timber, paper, iron and steel
Specialised berths handle:
- dry cargo including cement, sugar, grain and gypsum
- bulk liquids from petrochemicals to crude oil and molasses.