The Port of Melbourne has several projects underway including:
Port Rail Transformation Project
The Port Rail Transformation Project (PRTP) will see more containers moved by rail more efficiently, by-passing roads in inner Melbourne. The project will increase rail terminal capacity and improve rail terminal operations.
CEO Brendan Bourke provides this overview
For more information click here.
Breakwater Pier refurbishment
- refurbishment of the timber deck
- demolition of concrete deck
- construction of a new boat landing
- replacement of the navigation tower.
Heritage-listed Breakwater Pier was built as a timber breakwater between 1859 and 1861. All works will be done under permit to meet the requirements of the Heritage Act 1995 (Vic) including the preservation of timber piles.
Bulk liquid berths - upgrade of fire fighting systems and CCTV
Modifications will be made to upgrade the fire fighting systems and CCTV at Holden Dock and No. 1 Maribyrnong berth.
Works will include:
- upgrading the international fire hydrants for remote operation
- installation of fire detection cameras
- replacing fire control panels