Brief overviews of some of the projects underway at the Port of Melbourne.
Breakwater Pier refurbishment
- refurbishment of the timber deck
- demolition of concrete deck
- construction of a new boat landing
- replacement of the navigation tower.
Heritage-listed Breakwater Pier was built as a timber breakwater between 1859 and 1861. All works will be done under permit to meet the requirements of the Heritage Act 1995 (Vic) including the preservation of timber piles.
Bulk liquid berths - upgrade of fire fighting systems and CCTV
Modifications will be made to upgrade the fire fighting systems and CCTV at Holden Dock and No. 1 Maribyrnong berth.
Works will include:
- upgrading the international fire hydrants for remote operation
- installation of fire detection cameras
- replacing fire control panels