Working at Port of Melbourne
Port of Melbourne recognises that our staff are the key to the successful management of a large port when it comes to our daily operations, customer liaison, project delivery and shaping our future plans.
Many of our staff work directly with customers and stakeholders to enhance our services and facilitate the movement of trade throughout the Port.
Many others work behind the scenes to plan and manage the development of the Port, manage information and generally support the delivery of services directly or indirectly to our customers.
The people and culture philosophy at Port of Melbourne recognises the importance of attracting, developing and engaging highly skilled and motivated people for its workforce. This will deliver the best outcomes for its customers and the wider community. We’re proud to have been awarded Best Employer by human resources consultants Kincentric.
Business Development Manager – Western Victoria/SA
An exciting opportunity exists for a Business Development Manager to assist in identifying and facilitating trade and business growth and development opportunities consistent with the strategic planning and development objectives of Port of Melbourne. The position will achieve these objectives by developing and maintaining strategic business relations with relevant customers and stakeholders with specific emphasis on facilitating trade through the Port of Melbourne.
- Mildura Based
- Top 10 Employee’s Choice of Employers
- Flexible Work / Life Balance
Your key responsibilities include:
Identify opportunities and position Port of Melbourne at industry functions, conferences, trade shows and events as required
- Prepare appropriate materials and make presentations to industry groups/forums/workshops/conferences
- Provide strategic customer management advice and innovation in relation to corporate events, advertising and promotional activities
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of the corporation’s customer database
- Ensure accurate recording of data, market intelligence, information and consortia on current and potential clients, market and competitor trends
- Build a partnership approach with relevant industry associations and Government departments (local, state and federal) to assist in attracting cargo to the Port of Melbourne.
- Identify regional and local growth opportunities; participate in the development of and implement appropriate strategies to realise opportunities
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, economics, business, or marketing (or other qualifications / experience acceptable to the Corporation).
- Demonstrated experience in business development, customers relations, sales or marketing
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building and management
- An understanding of road and rail operations as it applies to intermodal cargoes in Australia.
- Knowledge of international shipping relating to cargo movement.
- Experience in a commercial industry within an import procurement or export execution role.
- Experience in preparing written submissions and/or proposals for investment related tasks.
- Willingness to travel and spend time away from home.
To obtain a copy of the position description, please contact Robyn Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications including a covering letter and responses to the Selection Criteria should be submitted to email@example.com or by clicking the “apply” button. Applications close 26 November 2021.