Commercial filming requests
This service is handled by Port of Melbourne’s Corporate Relations team, often in conjunction with Film Victoria and port tenants.
Commercial filming applicants need to arrange appropriate insurances, traffic management plans and security (as required), as well as the prospective location fee. Port of Melbourne’s standard indemnity form must also be completed.
The following are the minimum charges. Please note that the fees may vary if additional security personnel or resources need to be deployed to facilitate your request.
- Application fee $500 plus GST (per application)
- Location access fee $3,000 plus GST per 24 hour period (subject to approval of your application).
Please also allow sufficient processing time for your requests. As a minimum, the following are required:
- Applications will need to be reviewed and you will be informed of a decision within 10 business days.
- All approved applications will need to be further coordinated for access to the port and this require a further 5 business days.
- Applicants will also need to agree to the terms and conditions for access to the port. These conditions are provided in Access Authority Form for your reference
To discuss your filming request please contact our Corporate Relations team:
Tel: +61 1300 857 662